Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Brain Based Rehabilitation For Pain, Dizziness & Insomnia

Previously we’ve discussed what brain lateralization is, how it happens, and how to identify it. Today I will introduce Brain Based Rehabilitation and how it addresses Brain Lateralization and which common conditions it has the best results with.

In my office there are primarily 10 different conditions that I treat. Back pain, Car Accident Injuries, Dizziness, Fibromyalgia, Headaches & Migraines, Insomnia, Neck Pain, Numbness, Restless Leg Syndrome and Sciatica.

As an example let’s use headaches. How many different things will cause a headache? You can probably think of 10 – 20 based on your experience. The same would be true for all of these other conditions. I treat people with headaches because their brain isn’t working right. If you’ve done the tests I described for you last time and you noticed a problem while doing them I can help you. If you’ve got headaches and you didn’t notice any problems while doing those tests I’m probably not the right choice for you.

So the first stage of care in Brain Based Rehabilitation is identifying where in the brain is the malfunction. This is vital because treatment will vary based on where the malfunction is. I not only identify where your malfunction is, I also identify how bad of a malfunction it is. This too is vital because it determines what intensity treatments can be done. For example there are varying degrees of being “out-of-shape.” If you are REALLY out of shape you don’t start by running a marathon. You start with easy walking and build up. The same goes with Brain Based Rehabilitation. I start your therapy at a level that is appropriate to your brain function.

Let’s say you’ve got something like . . . back pain and let’s say we’ve identified your problem as a left cerebellar malfunction. Cerebellar lesions will usually produce cortical problems on the opposite side. So how would Brain Based Rehabilitation address this condition? I would start by taking your blood pressure, seeing how well you can balance with your eyes closed and how tight your hamstrings are. Then I would give you vibration therapy to stimulate the cerebellum. Because this is a pain condition I would give you heat. Pain and temperature nerves travel together and if you give the nerve enough temperature stimulation it can’t transmit pain and therefore you don’t feel it. I believe it is this fact that produces an improvement after using ice or heat and not something that one of those does to the tissues.

I would also do an adjustment to the low back, the ribs, neck, shoulder, elbow and wrist on the left. After doing this I would do those three tests again: blood pressure, balance with eyes closed and check the tightness in your hamstrings. If my diagnosis was correct we would see an improvement in one or more of those three things. By doing testing before and after treatment we can see how your body has responded to treatment. There are three decisions I need to make after seeing the results after treatment. Did you respond the way I expected? If yes, we’re right on track. If no, did I treat the correct side? Did I give you too much stimulation? You see, based on how your body responds to care we may modify the modality, the location or the intensity.

When we are giving you the right therapy, in the right location and in the right intensity you’ll see improvements in those tests right away and that’s when we are affecting your brain in such a way as to make lasting changes. That’s when pain goes away for good, when you get a great night sleep, have tons of energy and do all the things you want to do in life.

Other therapies I routinely use for cerebellar stimulation would be the upper body cycle; oxygen therapy; eye exercises; squeeze a tennis ball repeatedly; muscle stretching; inner ear stimulation by spinning, warm air or water into the ear or holding head to the side and forward.

When we stimulate the cerebellum we also stimulate the opposite cortex of the brain. Other therapies more specific to the brain I would use sounds in one ear; smells in one nostril; have a person wear rose colored glasses; do mazes or word searches; play the game concentration as well as others.

Remember the brain controls everything that happens in your body and improving brain function you can improve any other function in your body.

If you would like more information on how I have a greater than 93% success rate in eliminating back & neck pain, dizziness, fibromyalgia, headaches & migraines, insomnia, numbness, restless leg syndrome, sciatica and car accident injuries go to www.AskDrNed.com. There you will find videos, articles and audio files.

You can also connect with me at facebook.com/askdrned & twitter.com/askdrned.

If you would like to schedule a no cost / no obligation introductory visit call my office at 801-225-1311.
# # #

Do you experience fibromyalgia, headaches & migraines,numbness, sciatica, neck & back pain, dizziness, insomnia, restless leg syndrome or been in a car accident?

THESE ARE THE PEOPLE I HELP.


To embed this press release, copy and paste the following HTML code into your webpage-

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home