Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Orem Chiropractor R. Ned McArthur, D.C. Enhances Your Brain

This history of chiropractic is based on the fact that by using the joints and muscles of the body we can positively influence nerves throughout the body.

In the last decade we’ve learned more about the brain than we knew about it in the previous 150 years.  Some of the most exciting research in all of health & medical research is being done on the brain.  

In the February 2007 issue of Clinical Neurophysiology there appears an article titled, “Cervical Spine Manipulation alters sensorimotor integration: A somatosensory evoked potential study.”

In this study, researchers hooked up electrodes to volunteers. They were plugged in to the brain’s cortex, the brainstem, and the spinal cord. These hookups were measured using somatosensory evoked potentials (SEP). The people being studied had a history of neck stiffness, but not neck pain during the time of the study.

While plugged in to the machine, the patients being studied had their brain activity measured before a chiropractic adjustment to get a baseline measurement.  Then they received a chiropractic adjustment.  After having their neck adjusted the frequency of firing of their brain was measured.  In simpler terms frequency of firing is the level of brain activity.  They found that after people had their neck adjusted, there is an improvement of brain activity for a full twenty minutes afterward.

Nerve sensors monitor all of the joints and muscles in our body.   These sensors feed information to the brain, brainstem, and the cerebellum. Whenever there is a loss of movement in any joint, there is a marked loss of information going into the brain.  This information is like water in your sprinkler system.  Water can still go through your pipes and sprinkler heads to water your lawn, but if there is a problem an area of your lawn will get less water and it might take some time before you actually see the results in your lawn.

The same thing happens with this nerve stimulation to the brain.  It’s still going to the brain, but it less than it should be.  The brain requires this information to take care of many different basic functions.  Without it the brain’s ability block pain is greatly reduced.  Other consequences of this decrease in brain stimulation can be stiffness and numbness as well as posture, balance, digestion and sleep problems. 

Through chiropractic adjustments and other therapies, Orem Chiropractor – R. Ned McArthur, D.C. will correct and enhance your brain function to end your pain and health problems.

After visiting with Dr McArthur I soon discovered that these headaches I was having, from the time I woke up to the time I went to bed, could be solved with chiropractic care.  I really enjoyed how the doctor sat and listened to me and really wanted to help me. He told the truth.  I had been having these headaches for months and was always taking pills.  Since beginning my care I am so much more alert, I have more energy, I’m not taking a lot of pills and I don’t snap at anyone anymore either because I am not in the constant pain that I use to be in.  I would recommend Dr McArthur to others because he has helped me so much and I really feel better.  Others deserve that.  I also enjoy all of the energy that Dr McArthur and the office staff has.  They are always happy and eager to help you, definitely great customer service.

Karyn H., Orem

To Learn more go to http://www.AskDrNed.com.  Email drned@askdrned.com , call or text 801-225-1311.

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home