Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Orem Chiropractor Helps You Achieve Wellness Part 2

In part two of Achieving Wellness let's first distinguish the difference between traditional medical care and the Wellness Lifestyle.

When ever I have this discussion, and I've had it many times, I have found it important to point out that I am NOT anti medicine.  I've had the need for medical care recently and it served me well.  Medicine saves lives everyday (everything from car accident injuries to infections) and the world is a better place because of the many fine physicians, who selflessly serve their patients.

The thing that I'm against is medicine being described as "healthcare" because in most instances medicine does not seek to make one healthier, it seeks to relieve suffering, kill an infection or stop a faulty process in the body.  Those aren't bad, they just aren't health - they're disease avoidance.

If there is a fault to the modern medicine paradigm it's that rarely (in my experience) does it ever address lifestyle issues that have caused or contributed to the problem.  As your Orem Chiropractor I believe that is one of my duties - point out outside influences and their potential affect on your health and well being.

Top 5 Truths about Wellness.  (Imagine these as a count down with a drum roll before each one for dramatic affect.)

5.  Symptoms, like back pain or headaches,  are not the problem - they are a sign that there is a problem.
4.  The body has an inborn ability to heal itself
3.  Stressors, whether they be physical, chemical or emotional, when they exceed our capacity limit our ability
     to heal and be healthy.
2.  Wellness focuses on improving function rather than hiding symptoms.
1.  Chiropractic is the foundation to a Wellness Lifestyle

Watch this short video from my chiropractor friend, Dr Andre Broussard, on maintenance or wellness chiropractic adjustments.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home